Sunday, September 8, 2013

Venice and Milan

My mom came to town with two of her friends for two whole weeks! I feel so lucky. Let the planning begin.  We started off with our first weekend in Italy since it was the end of July and everything seems to close in Italy in August.  What better way to spend your time in Milan than wedding dress shopping?  

I really enjoyed Milan, but it is really known for the shopping.  I'm sure if you are there longer you find other things, but in a nutshell, it's shopping.  No complaints here.

Next stop was Venice.  Ahhhh Venice.  I loved this city.  You know it's a city on water, but you don't really realize the miracle that is Venice until you're there.  We shopped a bit, visited the basilica, St. Mark's Square, toured around the town and even took a water taxi ride around Venice.  Way better and cheaper route than a gondola.  Our driver took us all through the canals and he had actually grown up in Venice so he was able to give us all sorts of history.  This may have been one of my favorites of Italy, I would highly recommend going if you can, absolutely beautiful.







No comments:

Post a Comment