Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How to get to Vevey


I had a number of amazing going away parties, happy hours and supportive celebrations!  One that I wanted to share in particular happened to be with my co-workers.  Thursday before my last day at work, we had a little get together with cake at 8:30am, why not?  My previous supervisor got up and said a few things about me, which were so very special and meant so much. 

Then he shared a booklet with me.  He went to Vevey two weeks ago, and he knew how nervous I was about making the trip across the pond for the first time (yes, you read that correctly, first time going abroad!), he took pictures all along the way.  He took a picture of his airplane and then of the Geneva airport, and then the train station, he captured pictures of the vineyards on the train from Geneva to Vevey and even took pictures around town of headquarters, the Alps, coffee shops, etc.  This was so thoughtful and provided me with this entire new layer of comfort, I just had to share.

I can’t wait to share in a blog post our own booklet that we’ve created from our adventure.  So thankful, I get to spend this adventure with my fiancé!


No comments:

Post a Comment