Monday, May 27, 2013

1 Month In! Wine festivals, work space and more...

This last week has been pretty uneventful in the sense that I have not traveled to another country or gotten lost on a train ride.  That being said it has been great that work is starting to pick up, our group is getting closer and we've gotten to know Vevey just a little bit better.

This week in pictures:


My new "office" - trust me it's super quiet with the 10 girls on my team :)


We took the funicular train up to a little town called Chardon in Vevey for a wine tasting event.  Yes, those are wine wearing necklaces = amazing! 


Interesting display of music.




These pictures above were from my run today.  It has been quite rainy so far, which everyone says is unusual for this time of year.  I was pretty down about it this weekend, but then when you have days like this, it makes up for the rain 100%!


Lastly, I had to go into Lausanne, (which is a city that is about a 20 minute train ride from Vevey), to get my fingerprints, etc. taken for my work permit.  I have been wanting to take the double decker train to see what kind of view I could get, and this is it!  It was a quick 20 minutes but so mesmerizing the whole time.

I hope everyone back home has a wonderful 4 day week!

No comments:

Post a Comment