Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lake Como...Amazing, even without George.

Lake Como is another one that is only 5 hours away.  I left Switzerland at about 75 degrees and showed up to Italy at about 85, which led to a large intake of gelato.  We rented a boat the first day and toured around the lake which was beautiful.  We stayed in Olcio which is a bit off the typical path but it was still gorgeous.  We toured Bellagio and Varenna, which were just absolutely breathtaking.  On Sunday we walked to a small town by us after croissants and cappuccino and then took a ferry ride around the lake.  We went back to Varenna, walked around, ate and ate some more, and then relaxed on the beach for a bit before heading home.  I officially could live off of the gelato and Prosciutto and Melon, it is amazing!!!  I couldn't choose just a few photos, so I am going to leave you with one big photo dump.  I highly recommend Lake Como, I didn't find George Clooney who has a place here, but I am sure going back to try :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment